This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Saturday, January 2, 2016

He Set Me Free

I saw this heart with barbed wire several places on the Internet- tattoos, posters, jewelry.  I'm not sure what they are supposed to mean, but I did like the image. When I was growing up my brother and I used to run around all over my grandparents farm where all the fields were surrounded with barbed wire fences to keep the cows in (or little kids out.)  We used to crawl through the fences rather than use the gates. And when you're a kid you're not too careful, and I used to get all scratched up or would rip up my clothes.  The thought of being wrapped up in wire is a horrible thought to me.  But when our hearts get all wrapped up in worry, anger, resentment, unbelief, - painful like the rusty barbed wire, God cuts through that wire and sets us free from those heavy burdens.

Psalm 118:5 Out of my distress I called on the Lord: the Lord answered me and set me free.

As easy as that.



The images are Prismacolor colored pencils, The background is Inktense watercolor pencils,  words and outlining Sepia Micron.


No comments:

Post a Comment