This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week of Valentine's Day

I'm still thinking about hearts, but not in a romantic way. (Although I do like romance.) I saw a ribbon heart like this on the Bible Journaling Community on Facebook by Susan Gizinski.  She gave me permission to use her idea.  I changed it and added a cross.  I placed this in my Bible at 1John 4.  This whole chapter talks about God's love for us and how we love BECAUSE He first loved us.  When we become  Christians God changes our heart and teaches us over our lifetime how to love unselfishly and generously.  Less of me and more of Christ.   I thought a heart encircling a cross was a meaningful image for this chapter.



I posted this on Facebook and had several requests for the instructions.  I made 2 videos, one with colored pencil shading instructions and another one which demonstrates how to place the vellum in your bible.

Shading with colored pencils



Inserting the Vellum Page into the Bible



No comments:

Post a Comment