This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Love Your Neighbor -

Mark 12:31

I spent a rainy Saturday morning in my Studio/Girl Cave with the windows open, drinking coffee, listening to rain and thunder, and journaling in my Bible.  It was wonderful -- just what I needed after a hectic few weeks. 

So here is what I created today in my Bible based on Mark 12:31. (But you can't read this without reading 28-35!) I concentrated on the "love your neighbor" theme, trying to think about which "neighbors" I don't like; I'm not kind to; I make judgements on, I ignore, I gossip about. There are way too many, and I am ashamed. I am going to do better. 
I didn't put any fences in this design as I originally intended. I didn't want any barriers so I create walkways and roads linking everyone together. I'm hoping and praying that this one inspires me to be kinder and gentler to everyone. The verse doesn't say I have to like them (loving and liking are two different things) , but I do have to treat them the way I want to be treated. I used one of those "watercolor" pans that are more like tempera or gouache, micron pens 005 and 01, and a white gel pen.




No comments:

Post a Comment