This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Lord is My Fortress

Psalm 144:2 says He is my steadfast love and my fortress.

When I was a child I loved to be up in a tree.  I never had a treehouse, but I pretended that my home was in the tree that was in the yard next door.  I remember taking leaves and twigs and making plates and baskets. (When I was about 10 I saw the movie "Swiss Family Robinson, and  I would daydream about living in that treehouse.)  The feeling that you have when you are a kid way up high in a tree is like no other.  I remember feeling like I was above the world.  No one could find me.  I was safe.  I could see things from the tree that I couldn't see on the ground.  Our house was at the top of a small hill and when I was in the tree I could see all of the houses and their yards on our block.  I could see the highway and the drive-in movie theater in the distance. And I could even see some trees that lined a creek way in the distance.  It seemed to give me supernatural powers.  And when I climbed out of the tree all of the magic
disappeared.

That's what I think God's fortress is like. We are safe, we are strong, we are above the world, and we can see in the distance.  For me, God's fortress is like a treehouse.

This image was painted with watercolor pan paints and outlined with Micron 005 and 01.







7 comments:

  1. Your work is unbelievably beautiful! Do you prep your page before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do not prep my pages usually. I have tried using clear gesso, but I prefer the page without it. I would really like to experiment with the gesso a little more, but just haven't had the time. Do you use it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried but I also don't really like it :( so I just ask artists like your self who have super pretty work hoping they might have some secret page prep that works super well haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a lot of comments expressing dislike for the page prep. I think the artists who build up layers of "stuff" and heavier paint or ink like it. The stamping people like it because the ink doesn't bleed through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I just cant get past the awful texture :(. Do you have a mailing list for new blog posts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the texture. I also think it creates more wrinkles. I've watched all the videos about applying the clear gesso so that it doesn't wrinkle. I have very few problems applying watercolor or acrylic directly to the page.
    To answer your other question: Do you see a block on the top right that says,"Follow by email"? There is a place to insert your email information.

    ReplyDelete