This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hosea 14:9 The Ways of the Lord are Right

 


I did two designs for this scripture.   I have two men in the class, so I needed to do one that was less feminine.  I copied the flowers design from something I saw on Pinterest.  I did not get the information of the artist or the blog.  I don't usually do this, so my apologies to all.  I hope and pray I am not offending anyone. The one on the right is my own artwork.


The flower design is Micron pen and colored pencil.

The sign post is watercolor.  I bought this set in New York last weekend at the Metropolitan Museum, but I know that Michaels has them also.  (I just wanted something from the Met????)  I have seen these all over the Internet on Bible Journaling posts.  However, I wouldn't really call these watercolor.   They are not like true artists' watercolors. They are really tempera cakes.  The paint will move and release if you touch them with a wet brush. When I was painting the sky around the sign posts, the black paint kept bleeding into the blue, even though it was dry.  If I had realized that I would have painted the sky first.  I did the letters on the signposts with white colored pencil after the paint was dry.  I did like the paint and will use them again.

Here is the paint set that I used with a water brush:



The link for all of the pattern variations are in the link below.  Please let me know if you can't access them.




No comments:

Post a Comment