This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Grass Withers and the Flower Fades

Isaiah 40:8

The book of Isaiah is full of beautiful imagery:  eagles, vineyards, morning star, burning coal, and the potter and the clay.  Isaiah 40:8 tells us that even though seasons come and seasons go, year in and year out, through tragedies and horror, through eons and eons, the word of the Lord is the same. Doesn't that offer us wonderful peace and security and hope? Nothing else in life remains the same.  The word of the Lord is our anchor and our compass.

I love sunflowers in all there stages and have used them in so many pieces of art over the years.  So when I think about the flowers that fade, I have to illustrate the fading sunflower with it's drooping head and the sagging leaves that get crunchy and brown.  So many pretty colors, so many textures, so much beauty in the dying stages. Love them so much.

This illustration was done with Prismacolor colored pencils.


4 comments:

  1. Just Wow, the coloring is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. I am a high school art teache,r and I've been teaching art for a long time. Prismacolor colored pencils are one of my favorite mediums, and it works so beautifully on these Bible pages. I've been showing my Bible to my students. I teach in an all girls Catholic school, and some of my students are doing Bibles as well! I am so blessed!!!!

      Delete
  2. your work is breathtaking- in imagery= thanks for your work on this blog

    ReplyDelete