This blog is a site to document a Bible journal class. Each entry will be Information presented i

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Sea is Full of Your Creatures

Psalm 104:24-25 - How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number, living things both large and small.

My husband and I often marvel at God's creation and how much fun He must have had as He created all of the landscapes and all of the animals. Some creatures are just funny, like the jellyfish. I'm not sure what purpose they have in the oceans of the world, but I do know that they are strange and mysterious, beautiful and frightening, silent yet look so musical, and very primitive creatures yet elegant. I had to make two jellyfish costumes for our school musical, Children of Eden, a few months ago. I watched video, looked at many photographs, and read a lot of information about these marine animals. They live in every ocean, in deep water and shallow water, and have been around for 800 million years. Apparently God likes these guys a lot! So I have been wanting to do some artwork with their stinging tentacles flowing and floating elegantly for a while. Psalm 104 seemed the best place for these images.

I used these paints.  

They have become my favorites for painting in my Bible. They are very easy to use, can be lifted a little. (Can even be erased.) I can use them without prepping the paper- no bleed through. They cover well, can be applied transparently or opaquely, dry to a very nice finish on the Bible pages, and they are very inexpensive. I also used a white gel pen for a lot of the lines and fine detail as well as the lettering. I painted around some of the white areas and just let the paper show through. I used no white paint.



8 comments:

  1. Your artwork and words are a joy to see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork and words are a joy to see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand is the watercolor paint? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is these:
    http://www.amazon.com/International-Arrivals-Watercolor-Brush-126-2/dp/B00JPJF9V2?ie=UTF8&keywords=lil%20pods%20watercolor&qid=1464260270&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

    They are very inexpensive. I've tried craft acrylic and transparent watercolor, but Ilike these the best. It works well on the Bible pages. It is really just tempera paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! You are amazing! Reading your blog while my students take their last exam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Hope to see you doing this soon! Have a happy summer.

      Delete